A little Cross-Stitch Project

I happened to stumble upon this Cross-Stitch Along a week ago, just browsing for some ideas for a gift for a very good friend for her birthday.

The minute I saw this I knew it was the perfect something for me to make her.... I know she will love it.... She loves handmade and has craft disease (as my husband puts it) like me.....

The patterns are over at Little Miss Shabby and each week she puts up another block. And if you are on Instagram you can hashtag (#) #quiltystitches and you can see everyones progress as they cross-stitch along.

Block 1 - The Swoon Block

Block 2 - Odd Fellows Chain

Block 3 - Rolling Stone Block

I have been working until late in the night to catch up with my blocks, 3 blocks in 2 nights was not too bad once I worked out my colours..... Why can that always take hours?.....

And here are my first 3 blocks finished. I will have to decide soon on the background colour. I was thinking white or a very light cream. What do you think?


Its not too late to join in with the fun and make sure you head on over to Instagram and have a look at all the beautiful blocks over there you will fall in love. As soon as I have finished this one I am starting on for myself to hang in m sewing space.

Happy Stitching
Filomena xx

Comments

  1. Hello Dear Filomena!

    Sophie and I are having a good old chat about your beautiful cross stitch and Farmers Wife Blocks! Love your handicrafts and choice in colours :) Think we might have to join you soon with a coffee and some craft...

    Faye and Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faye, I would love to catch up, you and Sophie are always welcome to come here for a coffee. Maybe during the school holidays. Sunny can come up too and play with the kids. Ill send you an email. We can have a little craft day in the mountains..... ohh this sounds nice.....

      Delete

Post a Comment