Passionfruit Macarons......

Wow I feel like I haven't been near a computer for a while. I have been doing lots of gardening and baking this last week and having lots of fun doing both.

Last week I told you about Adriano Zumbo cake and macarons boxed mixes. I made the passionfruit ones just the other day and they where delicious.  They where quite easy to make. The hardest part was getting the almond meal through my sieve.




It is a must to get this all through the sieve so you don't get a lumpy mixture.

Don't they look so yummy all lined up ready to go in the oven.


I did find it hard not to get those little pointy bits.


This is what they looked like when they came out of the oven. I was very proud of myself I have never made them before and to get them with the little foot at the bottom was very exciting.


This is what they looked like once the passionfruit filling went in. I thought they would have been more shinny and smooth on the top. But that did not affect the taste at all. They where good, they only lasted about 6 minutes after the kids came home from school. And with 4 kids nothing last long after school. I got 38 macaroons from the packet, which I thought was pretty good.

Comments