Craft and Quilt Show 2013 ...

I was so excited and counting down the days to the day I was going to the show. I went last year for the first time and absolutely loved it.

I went with my very good friend Tracey over at Cook Quilt Crochet. We caught the train into the city. We both sat there in the train with our crochet on our laps. I am sure we looked very cute.

We got there and we had a plan. Start from the left and work our way through each isle working towards the right of the hall and skip all the paper craft and bead stalls. We had to make it through and see the whole show. Last year we were no where near finished when they announced it was closing time. We started walking really fast to see those last few isles. Do you believe it they had to chase us out. We where the last two left in there.



We had a coffee break at the end isle C. A few ladies that where already run off their feet sat with us and had a little chat. It was so nice and friendly.

Photo: Another busy day at the Quilt & Craft Show. Drop by and check out our beautiful fabrics & kits.

Then I came across this shop My Cotton Candy. It was just sooo cute and I saw it. The fabric I was hoping to find. I saw it sitting there and just stared at it for a few seconds. And then then yelled (well not loudly) they have Bake Sale.

So I took some home with me....


It is just lovely. You have probably seen it over at Bee in by Bonnet. And her quilts are just beautiful as well.

And here are my other purchases I made at the same stall.







Some Little Red Riding Hood Cotton also by Riley Blake. They are adorable, look at those cute little mushrooms.













I also then bought some 1930's fabric. I just love 1930's reproduction prints. At the moment I just collect them. I have a number of projects I want to do with them.


And at the last minute I got some of these, well just because..... no reason just that they caught my eye.


Did you get to go to the show? Hope you loved it as much as me.....

I know you are all wondering if they had to kick us out this year...... well no.... we walked out before many others and we had a little cheer as we walked out without being kicked out.....

Comments

  1. I was lucky enough to go on the first day. Loved all the stalls and the quilt exhibition was so inspiring. Spent a good few hours drooling over everything that was on offer. Couldn't resist, made some purchases and came home with some lovely things to get busy with. Already looking forward to the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes as soon as Leave one show I can't wait for the next one. Some of the quilts in the exhibition where just amazing. Some very talented people out there.

      Delete
  2. I have the same reprod fabrics! I missed out this year... Boo :( but I'll be there with bells and whistles on next show! Love, love, love your buys and can't wait to see you whip up some lovely things with them!

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love 1930's fabrics. They always make me feel so happy. My collection is growing and it is looking great on the shelf.

      Delete

Post a Comment