Teeny Weeny Swap with GWSMQG

The last few weeks I have been busy looking up ideas and patterns for my GWSMQG teeny weeny swap. Our group and the Vancouver MQG have paired up to do a swap.

It was heaps of fun. My partner said she liked circles and stars. So I went in search of patterns that had circles and stars in it.

I came across this pattern over at  627handworks.com  Its a paper pieced block, which I haven't done much of in the past.

I really like all the colours she used, but my partner was pretty specific about fabrics she liked and fabric designers. Luckily I liked those fabrics too and had some in my own stash.

So here is my little mug rug I made for someone in Vancouver.

GWSMQG

The whole block measured 6 inches square. I reduced the pattern when I printed it out to 40% so it came out so tiny.


At first I wasn't sure about how I was going to quilt it. I didn't want to go over the the piecing. So I did some straight stitches around the block and In The Ditch around the block and across the centre. I think it came out perfect.

GWSMQG

And here is the back.


It was so much fun at the Monday night meeting to see every one's Teeny Weeny Items. There are so many talented ladies in the group. There were a few items there that I wish I could take home with me.....

So today I am starting another swap for an Instagram mini quilt swap. I better get moving its due to be mailed out in a week. Lucky it's only little.

Happy sewing
Filomena xx

Comments